We may earn compensation through affiliate links in this story.
Mirrors don’t grow on trees, but they do have the power to make your decorating style really stand out. Oversized mirrors are a great way to accomplish that goal, and if you’ve been wondering how to decorate with oversized mirrors, here are some pointers.
– Clearly pick a focal point in your room for the mirror. You might place it above a fireplace mantel or sofa table so that you can get unobstructed reflections of objects in the foreground while also enjoying more natural light from an overhead fixture. It’s worth noting here that anything too close will be reflected back (i.e. the side and floor) as well, so keep that in mind.
– Before buying the mirror, determine where you’ll place it by measuring your room. Make sure that you have enough space by placing a large piece of paper along the wall behind it for reference. If necessary, make the room smaller in order to ensure that there is enough space for the mirror to stand out and reflect light properly.
– Assemble all of your fixtures around it before hanging up the mirror. You’ll want to use wall sconces (or artistic lighting or pendant lights), hanging scrollwork or wall hooks to hold various items so that you can achieve a cohesive look throughout your decorating scheme.
– Pick a mirror that complements the room in terms of color, texture and shape, as these will help to bring your overall design together in one cohesive style. Light colors work well with dark colors (and vice versa), and the overall effect can look more impressive with a mirror that reflects light differently from its surroundings.
– The paint color of your wall will greatly influence the look of the mirror, so make sure that you choose something that compliments it. If the walls are painted white, for example, you might want to go with an off-white mirror to keep things looking fresh and uncluttered.
– Instead of purchasing a mirror, consider using a decorative mirror for your decoration. These mirrors come in standard sizes and can be hung anywhere in the room without any problems.
– If you want to make it appear more like a piece of art rather than a mirror, consider encasing it in wood or glass for an even more dramatic style.
Remember that mirrors don’t grow on trees, but when used correctly they can really add some punch to your decorating scheme.
Our Favorite Oversized Mirrors
Customers gave this piece 4.5/5 stars based on over 395 reviews.
The reviews above all mention that this mirror is both elegant and sturdy. They also mention that the stitching is a nice detail.
The mirror is heavy and can be difficult to move. The mirror is also not very tall, so it may not work well for taller ceilings.
Customers gave this piece 5/5 stars based on over 51 reviews.
Customers gave this piece 5/5 stars based on over 90 reviews.
Customers gave this piece 5/5 stars based on over 103 reviews.
The reviews were extremely positive and the mirror was perfect for the aesthetic that they were looking for. The mirror is easy to clean and the quality is great. The only downside is that it is heavy, making it difficult to hang.
Customers gave this piece 5/5 stars based on over 84 reviews.
The reviews above are all positive. The customers were able to hang the mirror on their wall with the help of two 50lb. hooks. The bevels are well defined and the mirror panels are clear.
Customers gave this piece 5/5 stars based on over 139 reviews.
how to hang an oversized mirror?
Make sure of the type of wall you have. Drywall or plaster?
If your mirror already has the hardware , it is safe to hang with that hardware.
Make sure you know the weight of the mirror. There are certain tools and mechanisms you may need to use depending on the weight.
Find your stud in the wall after you decide where you want to hang it.
Accurately measure the area on the wall between the hooks with a piece of tape to know where to drill in the wall.
Use a level to make sure that you have measured properly
Drill your hardware into the stud that you will use to anchor the mirror.
When you have your hardware in the wall, before you hang the mirror put bumpers on the bottom so you wont scratch your wall, and then hang your mirror.
More Articles About Oversize Mirror
A few articles we think you will be interested in
How To Hang Mirror On A Hollow Door [April 2021] – MirrorCoop
Apr 3, 2019 … You’ve purchased your dream mirror, and you can’t wait to hang it on the … we
tell you everything you need to know about hanging mirrors on …